Monday, June 6, 2011

Fashion Soul


I was asked by the famous Charlottean, Joey Hewell, to participate in his fashion show in May, called Fashion Soul.  I was paired with Luis Machicao, who makes the most fabulous vintage-inspired designs.  We agreed on a 50's style makeup, with black eye liner, lots of lashes, and of course, the signature red lips.

I was assisted by Larry Webb of Salon Vivace Southpark, who did an amazing job helping me with the makeup.  Thank goodness Larry was there for me, because we had 11 models in the show!  Boy was I tired once we were done, but the girls looked great.  Their hair was styled by Bradley Sanders and his team at Groove Salon in Charlotte.

The runway was set up outside Dharma Lounge in Southend, and featured several local designers, models, hair stylists, and makeup artists.

Thank you to Erin L Hubbs for documenting Larry and I working on the beautiful models!

Photo: Erin L Hubbs
Dresses: Luis Machicao
Hair: Groove Salon
Makeup: Adrian D. Howe and Larry Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment